This WordPress site supports blog post writing for the University of Michigan course Honors 242, also known as Deep Time. In this course, about eighty students and an instructional team of six are exploring what science has to say about the origin of everything: the Earth, Life, the Cosmos – everything. We approach this topic as intellectual history, beginning around 1750, at a time when science had little to say about the origins of things. Moving forward, we see geologists recognize the very great age of the Earth, discovering a deep time which extends long before human history. In the mid-19th century, we see the attention of science turn to evolutionary schemes, first in thinking about life, but eventually recognizing that everything has an origin.
- Click ‘New Post’ at the top of the screen
- On the right side of the screen choose the correct Discussion section category
- Choose the correct week Tag (ex. 9/8-9-12)
- Start your title with question number: (ex. Q1)
- Put your name at the top of the post.
- Write and publish your post!